[BRLTTY] Using some of the text cells as status cells.

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Nov 12 06:29:09 EST 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/11/11 at 14:33 +0100]
>
>>Actually, I think I'll need to see it in action to say
>>whats better, I guess there are good arguments for both ways.
>>Maybe we could make the separator configurable?
>
> Please try out the new "Status Separator" item in the menu.

Wow, thanks, thats pretty nice.  All seems to work, I settled
for "Text Side" right now and I like it!

> The garbage characters problem should also now be fixed.

Yes, I can confirm that.

I am using the Tieman style right now, but since I have 7 cells for status
info now, two cells are blank.  I wonder if we can define a new
style that is basically like tieman, but with SCRNUM added?

I can do the patching for that, I just wonder how to call such
a new style, since our current styles (except for Generic which is still
not ment for humans to read) do all relate to some hardware vendor.
Since we are emulating status cells now, this concept break down.
Maybe the style name should somehow relate to the amount of
cells needed/used?

One other thing I notice now is that the preferences menu doesn't honor
emulated status cells.  (Probably the help screen too, but I can't
test that right now.)  This isn't really a problem because status
cells aren't strictly needed during preferences menu, but if you
have the emulated status cells on the left side as I do, the
sudden jump of the left text margin is a bit confusing when you
switch in and out of preferences menu.  It would feel more natural if
the status cell area would just display "Prefs" or something similar.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'