[BRLTTY] Yet another brltty windows build: 3.10-7

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Nov 12 21:02:27 EST 2008

James Teh, le Thu 13 Nov 2008 10:34:40 +1100, a écrit :
> On 12/11/2008 9:38 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > have just followed the inf-wizard documentation, which doesn't talk
> > about the filter.  I guess it is install-filter.exe which needs to be
> > run, does that install anything or need any other file?
> Looks like you run install-filter.exe -i to install and
> install-filter.exe -u to uninstall.

Ah, and that just calls a libusb0.dll hook, which I can call through
rundll32, so that should be easy to add.

> >> This is one of the reasons I am tempted to simply implement drivers
> >> for displays directly in NVDA, as silly and redundant as this is.
> > You mean using the interface provided by the drivers, or using the
> > virtual serial port?
> The API, where provided.

To me, that does make sense: if you buy a new hardware which BRLTTY
doesn't support yet, it's good to still be able to use it in the
meanwhile.  One could argue however that BRLTTY itself should use that.

Samuel