[BRLTTY] Windows version - Brltty and Jaws sharing a port

Michel such michel.such at free.fr
Sat Nov 15 01:51:52 EST 2008

Hi Dave and all,

I noticed the following problem under windows.

I have installed Brltty on a machine running Jaws.

Here is what happens:
If I start brltty when jaws is running, brltty does not take the com port (normal).
At this point, if I stop Jaws, Brltty takes control of the braille display (normal).
When I restart Jaws, jaws takes control (normal).

The little problem occurs when restarting the system.
Brltty starts before jaws.
When jaws starts, it cannot take control on the braille display since brltty has not still released the port (probably showing its presentation message).
The problem is that Jaws is not like brltty, it seems to test the port only one time:
So, it would be nice if brltty would release the port faster at startup (or at least it is the way I imagine the thing).