[BRLTTY] Brltty died while trying to work with it in vmware fusion

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Nov 17 15:19:46 EST 2008

Ok, we are talking about two issues here.

1. the one-time problem of my braillelite dying and then reviving. That
actually happened when I was using the braillelite keyboard to go through
the prefs menu for brltty. This only has happened once although it did
happen in the vmware fusion environment with debian. I'm not as concerned
about that as I think it mjay have been a one-time fluke though I'll
certainly think twice about trying that again.

2. the persistent problem:  braillelite making intermittent strange
noises, advance bar working with difficulty and not bringing up all lines
and bringing up percent signs numbers odd characters, sometimes the
six-cell word when terminating that we have hypothesized is meant to be
brltty. This is the ongoing long-term problem to which I was referring and
which I thought you meant might be caused by the probe.

--
Cheryl