[BRLTTY] using BrlApi with Visual Studio

Thijs Koerselman thijskoerselman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 17:30:01 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:08 PM, James Teh <jamie at jantrid.net> wrote:

> Try using brlapi_enterTtyModeWithPath() instead of just
> brlapi_enterTtyMode(). There seems to be some strange issue with
> enterTtyMode() in Windows.
>
> Samuel, I forgot to mention this one. If we use enterTtyMode() in
> Python, leaving tty mode and disconnecting doesn't seem to work
> properly. Next time we call enterTtyMode(), Python terminates
> abnormally. However, enterTtyModeWithPath() works fine. Is this the same
> issue?

Hi James,
This indeed fixed the connection issue. I used
brlapi_enterTtyModeWithPath(NULL, 0, NULL) because I wasn't sure how to
specify the arguments any different, but it seems to work. I can connect and
disconnect as much as I like now.

One thing I notice is that every time I make the command line terminal take
back the window focus, it prints:
brltty.exe: Truncated Packet: 0D
Just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,