[BRLTTY] Key echo in SD

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Nov 27 10:12:23 EST 2008

Hi,
What Jan reports, is the very same I've reported before.
I want to add a few things:
Jan is a core member of the SD team, so there's no need to forward
messages on that subject to the SD mailing list.
I also hear that "symbol 0" message with one exception:
Espeak-generic. You get the keys echoed you've set up in the
espeak-generic.conf file to be spoken when the key echo has been set to
"some".
As Daniel has pointed out, you can use Brltty for braille only and add
speech support by another screen reader, which, indeed, is a work
around. To add a useful screen reader, I can mention SBL (Suse-blinux).
You can set it up as a speech only program. Check out:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/marco/openSUSE_Factory/src/
Hermann