[BRLTTY] Contraction table in German does not work

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Nov 27 10:47:35 EST 2008

On 27.11.2008 at 14:26:03 Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/11/27 at 14:58 +0000]
>
>>just tried the newly added German contraction table "de-kurzschrift.ctb"
>>to my brltty.conf.
>>When restarting brltty, there is no grade2 for German.
>
> Did you do a new build and install, or just copy in the new table?

I did:
./autogen
./configure -quiet
make --quiet
make install --quiet
That should be the right way, or did I miss something?

>>The preferences menu show both German tables, the standard de.ttb and
>>the de-kurzschrift.ctb.
>
> Installing doesn't remove old tables. You have to first do an uninstall for
> that. Also, you should actually see three new German tables: de-basis,
> de-vollschrift, and de-kurzschrift. If you don't then it may be that you took
> some kind of shortcut to upgrade.

I see all 3 tables, but no matter which one I choose, I don't see any
difference; it shows the de.ttb table as before.
Do I eventually have to do a "make clean"? If I remember right, the
"./autogen" does this.
Hermann