[BRLTTY] Losing cursor in the latest versions from SVN

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Nov 28 11:20:28 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/11/28 at 16:29 +0100]

>I can confirm this one, just happened to me.  When it happened,
>I just pressed return to open a mail folder in Gnus, which basically
>means the cursor jumps down to the last line on the screen (since there is
>prompt).  The jump is like from line 6 to line 50.

Did you happen to check your status cells to see where brltty thought the
cursor was?

Did you try entering further input to see if the cursor would eventually come
back into view?

Note that cursor visibility and cursor tracking are two different and separate
things. When toggling is tested, I think both need to be individually verified.
Perhaps you could leave the stateDots cell visible so you can check the states
of both toggles without needing their key bindings to work.

My guess is that the toggles are okay and it's just that the cursor is, for
whatever reason, believed to have gone out of range.