[BRLTTY] Losing cursor in the latest versions from SVN

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Nov 28 15:36:28 EST 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> The thing to note here is that cursor tracking is temporarily disabled while
> the cursor is being routed else the display might track all over the place.

Hmm, I see.

> I'm beginning to suspect that the SD code manipulates the SIGCHLD
> signal so, at least at times, the death of the cursor routing
> subprocess may be being reported to the wrong signal handler. This
> is something it may well be doing since it does start certain speech
> engines as commands.

Well yes, but doesn't the SD server do this.  AIUI the library we
link to implements a client.  In any case, I think you might be right.

> Maybe what matters is if you press a routing key during versus not during
> speech, remembering that speech may be buffered so it may require a large
> speech stream.

I just turned on autospeak and tried a few times to press a routing key
during speech output and after the third or fourth try I managed
to completely hang brltty.  I again got the routing start sound but
nothing else, but this time my display hung and nothing reacted.
This is a new phenomenon, but might be the same source.  I still wonder how it
can happen without me using autospeak, I wasn't using speech at all.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'