[BRLTTY] BrlTTY 3.10 and a USB display in Ubuntu Intrepid.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 3 22:59:37 EDT 2008

Hi all
I happen to have access to a few USB braille displays this weekened. I am trying to get BrlTTY to make use a known working display, with no luck. Attempting to run BrlTTY with "/lib/brltty/brltty.sh -b fs -d usb -e -n", I got the following:

luke at barbiton:~$ sudo /lib/brltty/brltty.sh -b fs -d usb -n -e
BRLTTY 3.10 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.5.2
brltty: kernel module not installed: pcspkr
brltty: cannot open serial device: /dev/usb: Is a directory
brltty: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty: cannot open serial device: /dev/usb: Is a directory
brltty: cannot open serial device: /dev/usb: Is a directory

Ubuntu Intrepid is running kernel 2.6.27. Is there something missing in the configuration of the system, or in the setup of BrlTTY that needs to be altered to make this behave correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Luke