[BRLTTY] Brltty with Asus Eee pc

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Oct 6 05:25:13 EDT 2008

Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> writes:

> I'm considering acquiring an Asus Eee pc 1000 (the version with the 40gb flash
> storage, and which is designed to run Linux).
>
> Has anyone had any experience with using an Eee pc with a USB braille display,
> particularly the Baum displays? I have a Baum SuperVario (also known as
> Brailliant) 40-cell display.
>
> I know the USB interface is standard and it should all just work fine, but I
> thought it would be wise to check on the list first.

I use my HandyTech Braille Star 40 with my ASUS Eee PC (the first generation
thing, with 4GB SSD).  It works great, via USB and bluetooth.
I bought myself a bluetooth stick which is so small that it almost
vanishes in the USB port, so I can use bluetooth on my Eee PC
without having to plug/unplug the stick whenever I take the laptop
out of its bag.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'