[BRLTTY] What's the status of US contracted braille?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Oct 13 20:48:23 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 02:05:36PM -0400, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
> Now that most of the world appears to be moving toward or has already
> adopted UEB I was wondering whether new (or old) errors in the US table will
> be fixed.

I expect they will be fixed. A number of us, even in countries which have
officially adopted it, are passionately opposed to UEB, and, so far, the
braille authorities of both the U.S. and Britain have had the good sense to
avoid it.

One of the many advantages of BRLTTY is that it offers a choice of braille
tables, which will each be improved for as long as there are people interested
in maintaining them.