[BRLTTY] New brltty 3.10 windows build

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Oct 22 17:30:26 EDT 2008

Gianluca Casalino, le Wed 22 Oct 2008 19:48:57 +0200, a écrit :
> BrailleLite me 40 does not work as usual.

Erf.  So there is another bug.  I'll try to build a version without the
flow control: in libbraille it is commented away, maybe that's because
the windows support doesn't work with the BrailleLite.

> Using brltty -b lb after a bit braillelite starts regularly.

Ok.

> Unfortunately each time I pass from a windows apps to a console, the
> brltty software search for the right device each time again...

Yes, that's the default brltty behavior on windows: it releases the
device when the focus is not on console applications, to let other
screen readers like jaws take control of it (brltty doesn't have
anything to display anyway). Once NVDA launched, brltty would keep
control of the device all the time. You can set release-device to off in
brltty.conf to force brltty to keep control of the braille device.

Samuel