[BRLTTY] New brltty 3.10 windows build

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Oct 22 17:33:43 EDT 2008

Lee Maschmeyer, le Wed 22 Oct 2008 15:55:27 -0400, a écrit :
> There also appears to be no way to unload brltty. When I give the Exit
> command the command prompt goes away

I guess you are typing the exit command at the command line prompt.
By default brltty doesn't limit itself to the windows where it was
started. See README.Windows:

It may be useful to have BRLTTY only review the console it is started in, i.e.
for it not to follow the keyboard focus. To achieve this, set the FollowFocus
parameter of the Windows screen driver to no. This can be done either on the
command line (-XFollowFocus=no) or in brltty.conf (screen-parameter
FollowFocus=no).

> but the next time I start such a prompt brltty is already operating

Yes, brltty was still running in the background.

> and gets mad if Jaws is still controlling the device. The error
> message is:
>
> brltty.exe: cannot open serial device: com1: resource temporarily
> unavailable

Makes sense, yes, as jaws is holding it.

Samuel