[BRLTTY] Revisiting (again and again) the continuus display issue

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Oct 23 11:15:38 EDT 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>As a user of a 88 cell display which is continuus (no space between
>>"status cells" and the rest of the display), I asked about
>>refactoring the status cell situation now since about 2 years.
>>Dave promised to do this someday.
>
> And, much to his own disappointment and shame, Dave sometimes forgets to do
> things. I think, this time, it was the amount of time and work required for the
> Unicodization that caused his brain to become a total failure with respect to
> this issue. His official public relations department has assured me that I can
> reliably forward on to you his most deepest regrets.

Dave, I hope you didn't get this into the "wrong throat" as a german
saying says.  I have yet to meet a unpaid free software developer in the
accessibility area that approaches coding with such professionality
and thoughtfulness as you.  I have learnt a lot in the
past few years working with you, and I couldn't thank you enough for that.

I guess I was trying to push things and convince you to attack this one
this time, I hope you don't see this as a personal attack, it really
wasn't ment to be one.
I still hope we can move forward on this one pretty soon...

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'