[BRLTTY] my error 998

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Sat Oct 25 10:44:10 EDT 2008

Hi,
I don't know where to ask help for this, I'm quite sure this is not a brltty problem.
in a few word, in a pc  formatted 2 weeks ago, with windows xp home, when I attempt to run brltty 3.9 or 3.10 compiled for windows, I obtain an 998 error "memory access position error".
So I don't know what to do!
In a forum it says that this is caused by antivirus program or firewall, I removed avira antivir, then also windows firewall, I restarted brltty but nothing, always 998 error.
I tried to modify some com1 settings, but since Jaws has no problem to access com1, I think it is not relevant.
I'm very frustated because I can't test NVDA with Brltty, and also because 1 month ago I had trojan and viruses in my pc and brltty worked well!
Should I install a supervirus in order to run brltty? Smile!
I don't beleave this is a brltty problem, but have you got any ideas where to ask help for this stupid and unseful problem?