[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Seika 40 display

Michel Such michel.such at free.fr
Mon Oct 27 10:25:58 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am new to this list, so let me introduice a bit.

I am Michel Such from France and I current ly work on several aspects of the
NVDA screen reader, essentially french translation.

Now, NVDA is implementing braille support.
For some displays there are builtin drivers in NVDA, but most of them are
accessed thru a Windows port of BRLTTY.

I have some problems with a Seika 40 braille display.
The Seika 40 emulates a powerbraille 40, so I access it thru the brltty ts
driver.
The driver recognize the seika as a powerbraille 80 where it should be a 40.
It does not seem to make problems when using pure BRLTTY, but, when using
NVDA, the display does not systematically refreshes when needed.
As NVDA communicates with brltty thru the brlapi interface I was wondering
if the ts driver was brlapi complliant (I read in the brlapi documentation
that it was necesary)
and if the fact that the  seika was unproperly recoghized could also be a
problem.

Sorry, these are my first hypothesis regarding the problem, but I am very
new to brltty and brlapi so my guesses could not be right.

Michel Such