[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Seika 40 display

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Oct 27 12:02:29 EDT 2008

Sébastien Hinderer, le Mon 27 Oct 2008 16:37:44 +0100, a écrit :
> Michel Such wrote:
> > At the moment, there are buitin drivers for HandyTech displays and
> > FreedomScientific Packmate.
> >
> > But all this is very new, I guess there will be others.
>
> It may be wise to think about it very deeply before including braille
> drivers into nvda rather than using something like brltty.
> Indeed, if a braille device is supported by brltty, including a driver
> for this device in NVDA does not only duplicate code, it will also
> prevent concurrent access to the display.

I've read the drivers in question (see svn co
http://svn.nvda-project.org/nvda/trunk the source/brailleDisplayDrivers
directory), they are actually not reimplementing brltty drivers, they
are just using the interface provided by the drivers shipped by the
manufacturer, so I think it makes sense to implement that way too.

Samuel