[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Seika 40 display

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon Oct 27 12:51:09 EDT 2008

Long years ago (this information commensurately unreliable) I ran a
Navigator 20 in Jaws. I told Jaws the device was a PB40. The PB does not
have a 20-cell model and certainly the Navigator 20 was not supported in
Jaws, yet it worked properly. The conclusion I drew, just guesswork mind
you, is that something in the panning packet must tell the driver how far
the display pans. There are other possible explanations of course.

In the Seika's case I don't think failure to connect at all would be a
symptom of the 80 vs. 40 problem. More reasonable would be that it panned 80
characters instead of 40.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University