[BRLTTY] [Fwd: No braille support when using Alva Satellite via USB (protocol)]

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Oct 30 12:38:34 EDT 2008

I have now got to a successful point of sorts, serial communication, USB
didn't seem to work. I am using Windows binary brltty 3.10-2. I can't
say exactly what it is for me that has made it work, but the changes
are:
installed libusb-win32 filter package (really shouldn't make a
difference for serial)
switched window-eyes to use USB (although I had exited window-eyes when
using it previously I think the ALVA driver may have still been active
as window-eyes didn't manage to connect to the display as I think brltty
service was conflicting, so both could have caused problems for the
other)

Michael Whapples