[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Seika 40 display

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Oct 30 22:56:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

Michel Such, le Mon 27 Oct 2008 15:25:58 +0100, a écrit :
> It does not seem to make problems when using pure BRLTTY, but, when using
> NVDA, the display does not systematically refreshes when needed.

Reading the TSI source code, it looks like it tries to achieve partial
updates, and from times to times achieve full updates.  Maybe your
device doesn't handle partial updates, only full updates?  That makes a
difference because the BrlAPI serveur does caching itself, it doesn't
keep calling writeWindow when nothing changes.  Maybe we need to
reconsider that.

Samuel