[BRLTTY] 4.0

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 15 16:38:55 EDT 2009

Kristoffer Gustafsson, le Wed 15 Apr 2009 22:27:57 +0200, a écrit :
> Can you tell me please what will be new in brltty 4.0?

It's all in Dave's post:
http://mielke.cc/pipermail/brltty/2009-April/005501.html

> what would happen if we did with brltty the same as with speakup?
> compiled it into the kernel?
> Not a feature request. just wondering how that would be

It'd be quite hard to make the whole brltty code fit into the kernel and
work properly.
That being said, it happens that there already is a small screen reader
integrated into the kernel.  I haven't had much time to port some
drivers so it only supports VisioBraille (the one I know best), but
that's future plan, yes, as well as in grub and openbios.

Samuel