[BRLTTY] Brltty on windows

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:11:06 EST 2009

> I guess for jaws you also installed a driver?  Only one driver can be
active at the same time.
Yes. I installed my braillex el in Jaws.
Ok, this means I'll have to install libusb driver when I need cygwin
And uninstall it again when I need Jaws?
Hehe, will never happen, when I'm using Windows I switch between cygwin and
other programs all the time...

> Unless the Papenmeier Driver provides a virtual COM port, which you can
tell BRLTTY to use it.
To be honest I don't know if it provides a virtual com port.
On the brltty config dialog I can choose Papenmeier and I have the option
To choose USB (which I use), but I also see com1, com2 etc.
How can I find out if a virtual com port is provided?

> Which version of windows is it?
Windows XP SP3 - 32-bit

I'm also considering to try running Linux in a virtual machine inside
Windows.
If I can get brltty to work inside a virtual machine I don't need cygwin
when I am working from a Windows machine.

I guess I can put jaws braille on sleep when the virtual machine window has
focus,
But I'm not sure how to allow the virtual machine to use the usb port.
I'm not sure if this will even work at all...