[BRLTTY] developing a braille display driver for a mobile device

Shiri Azenkot shiri.azenkot at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:26:20 EST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to develop a mobile device application that interacts directly with
a Braille display via BlueTooth. To do this, I need to know the protocols to
use with various Braille displays, starting with the HumanWare Brailliant
that I have right now. It doesn't look like the protocols are available
anywhere, though, and there seem to be no Braille Display API's for mobile
platforms.

BRLTTY developers: How did you figure out how to interact with Braille
displays? I'd really appreciate tips or advice.

Thanks in advance!
Shiri