[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and speech-dispatcher

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 22 10:18:32 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2009/12/22 at 15:38 +0100]

>I'm using BRLTTY on the console as my main screenreader with Speech Dispatcher.
>However, it would be nice, if one could select in the preferences menu, which
>module of Speech-Dispatcher to use or alternative, which language. I sometimes
>want to switch fast between English and German and also sometimes French. Is
>there already such a feature, or is it possible to implement it in a future
>version of BRLTTY?

Do the module and language need to be switched together? What happens if only
one is switched at a time? Mightn't that end up potentially turning speech off,
if, for example, the current language isn't supported by the new module, etc?
If they need to be switched together, how could brltty figure it out?