[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Reading from XML to MP3

Brungardt, Skyler Skyler.Brungardt at ssa.gov
Tue Dec 29 15:50:51 EST 2009

We'd like to be able to deliver dynamically generated data in a variety of sources to our constituents; one of the chief ways we'd like to do this is to take data generated automatically as XML files and to produce them in a format that can be read by a screen reader, while also downloaded in audio format.

Ideally this would be presented in the same way, meaning that the way it would sound when a person went to the website and was using a screen reader would be as similar as possible to the MP3 or WAV version they might download instead, or have emailed to them.

I'm hoping that makes sense.  If not, let me know where it doesn't and I'll see what I can do to clarify.

Regards,

Skyler Brungardt
Office of Innovation

We innovate new technologies to help you fulfill your mission.

Social Security Administration
6401 Security Blvd, Woodlawn, MD 21235