[BRLTTY] autospeak

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Mon Feb 2 11:15:12 EST 2009

On 02.02.2009 at 16:11:22 Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there anyway to change the value of autospeak, with out using the
>> prefs menu? eg. I want to turn autospeak on and off in a shell
>> script.
>
> Why would you do that?

Although there's no script command, each braille display has a keystroke
to toggle autospeak without entering the preferences menu; it depends on
the type of display.
And BTW: Each .ktb file has such a keystroke implemented too.
Another suggestion to solve this would be to implement a feature that
allows to create program specific profiles (an example you see in
Suse-Blinux).
Hermann