[BRLTTY] autospeak

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 2 15:53:59 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 05:15:12PM +0100, Hermann wrote:
> On 02.02.2009 at 16:11:22 Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there anyway to change the value of autospeak, with out using the
> >> prefs menu? eg. I want to turn autospeak on and off in a shell
> >> script.
> >
> > Why would you do that?
> >
> Although there's no script command, each braille display has a keystroke
> to toggle autospeak without entering the preferences menu; it depends on
> the type of display.

Don't think mine does, will have another look.
I guess the prefs menu is fine then... And now that ktb files are
supported it gives me another option.

Although the script would be nice, the prefs menu should do the job
fine.

My plan was to have a script called 'lynx' linked to the lynx binary,
but first it would start speech. upon exit it would kill speech. (Since
I don't like speech except for web browsing), although I still wanted
the driver to be loaded so I could do a quick say line if I wanted.

But it's fine, I'll stick to the prefs menu.

> And BTW: Each .ktb file has such a keystroke implemented too.

Good point

> Another suggestion to solve this would be to implement a feature that
> allows to create program specific profiles (an example you see in

Yes although it is a command line, and that perhaps is over kill, but
I'm sure I can handle opening the prefs menu, or using my numpad.

Cheers,
Daniel.