[BRLTTY] Introduction

J. R. Westmoreland jr at jrw.org
Sat Feb 7 08:30:12 EST 2009

I'm J. R. Westmoreland.

I'm a software engineer and consultant.

I reside in Fruit Heights Utah.

I spent 28.5 years at PacifiCorp as a software engineer and network engineer
and a couple years ago decided to take an early out, really a thinly
disguised RIF <grin>, and concentrate on my consulting company. The terms of
the RIF were really pretty generous, like two years salary and ensurance.
So, at that time I started making the change to Windows programming with
Visual Studio.

I have two linux servers and intend to, finally, get the new one completely
configured and online. <smile> I have used linux and unix in general since
the early eighties.

I have always used an Optacon and a couple of years ago got the Focus 80,
call it a going away present from Pacificorp. <smile>

They were nice enough to let me take all of my accessability technology with
me, pretty good eh?

I have, additionally, two other Braille displays. They are a FS PM40,
usually on my Pacmate and a Handy Tech EBR 40 cell Bluetooth. I believe that
the FS display is supported. What about the EBR?

I also have access to two Humanware displays, a PK and a QT32 mpower.

If I can help with Development or other things related to the project, and
it doesn't get so excessive that I don't make money to feed the family, I'm
certainly willing to help where I can.

Thanks,

J. R.

J. R. Westmoreland