[BRLTTY] BRLTTY / Speech-Dispatcher: What happens when there is no braille display available?

Emrah eka at ekanet.net
Sat Feb 21 09:12:24 EST 2009

Dave,

Thanks a lot for the keytable functionality.
Although general navigation seems to work, navigation per character is not spoken. I'm using the laptop keymap. The
combination of keys I'm using is capslock+ left or right arrow.

Congratulations for this wonderful job.

Regards,
Emrah
Emrah
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:07:58PM -0500, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Emrah on 2009/02/20 at 16:25 +0100]
>
> >what do you mean by key table? How can I navigate if I do not have the braille
> >controls available?
>
> Brltty is now able to intercept keyboard events. If you look in /etc/brltty/
> (assuming you have the latest development version) you'll find three files with
> the .ktb extension (named keypad, laptop, and desktop). These key tables bind
> keyboard key combinations to brltty functions. You can actifvate a key table
> via brltty's new -k option, e.g. -kkeypad.
>
> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of God.
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the Day of Judgement.
> EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.

Emrah KAVUN
<eka at ekanet.net>