[BRLTTY] embossing

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Feb 28 05:13:13 EST 2009

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Is it possible to emboss to a mount batten brailler with linux command
> line? If so, what tools should I use for ueb braille, and how do I do
> this? What cables should I use? Serial or printer cable?

What ports does the device have? A parallel connection should be easier if it
has one. Then you can run
cat braille_file > /dev/lp0
for example.

With a serial interface, you'll have to ensure that the serial parameters of
the embosser match those of the serial port. Read about the stty command if
you find it necessary to set serial parameters (baud rate, stop bits, flow
control, parity, etc.).