[BRLTTY] Braillex EL 66S problem

Delaunay Christophe christophe.delaunay at thomson.net
Fri Jul 10 04:36:54 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your fast reply in which you wrote:

>[quoted lines by Delaunay Christophe on 2009/07/09 at 17:42 +0200]
>
>>Oops, sorry. I forgot to mention I'm using brltty 3.10 on a fedora 11
>>system.
>
>Would you be interested in trying the latest development code to see if
it
>works?

I definitely can do it.

>We use a whole new mechanism so I'm kind of looking for a tester
anyway.

Ok. I'll do the test.

>:-) If yes, do you know how to build it?

I remember having built an old brltty 3.7 for a mandrake linux 9.2
because I
found their distributed brltty too old. I'm not afraid of doing this
once
more for your new version. But where should I download it from? Is it
the 4.0
tarball one can get from your HTTP site or anything else?

If I should retrieve the package directly from the SVN repository,
please can
someone 'tar' it for me and send it to me privately since my network
proxy
prevents me from retrieving anything from any SVN repository outside the
enterprise?

>If not, we'll try to heop you debug the 3.10 that you're running. To
that
>end, adding -Bdebugkeys=yes (that's an uppercase B) should add more
detail.

I tried to attach a "typescript" resulting from the following
experience:

(1) I opened an SSH terminal from my windows box and logged in the linux
box as root.

(2) I launched the following command:

script -c "brltty -e -n -l debug -Bdebugkeys=yes"

(3) As soon as brltty brailled the login prompt on my Braillex, I moved
the
EAB as follows:

	- one step left;
	- one step up;
	- one step right;
	- one step down;
	- two steps left;
	- two steps up;
	- two steps right;
	- two steps down.

(4) Finally, I hit ctrl+c on my SSH terminal to end brltty.

NOTE: In this logging session, you probably will notice an error loading
the
PCM sound driver. Sorry for this error. I definitely know that my sound
driver is badly configured but I got no time to fix it. When I used my
previous alva Braille display, brltty worked as I expected it to as long
as
I don't mind having sound or not.

Many thanks for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris