[BRLTTY] Device not supported

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jul 14 08:45:29 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2009/07/14 at 13:14 +0200]

>After starting up my newly builded brltty official vesion 4, I got
>less success. Her's the log:
>Jul 14 13:05:44 lapx brltty[21574]: Unsupported device: bluetooth:00:80:37:21:25:96

This error means one of three things. The first possibility is that the driver
you're using doesn't support Bluetooth I/O. The second is that you disabled
Bluetooth support when configuring. The third is that you haven't installed the
Bluetooth development environment so brltty couldn't include Bluetooth support
when compiling.

>Few minutes prior to this, I had 3.11dev installed, and it worked
>perfectly. I try to run with a Braille Star 40 on a Fedora 11 system.

So the driver does support Bluetooth. I also suspect that you didn't disable
Bluetooth support. That leaves us with the third possibility, i.e. that you
haven't installed the Bluetooth development environment. That's probably the
bluez-libs-devel package on your system. Try "yum install bluez-libs-devel",
and then reconfigure and rebuild brltty.