[BRLTTY] Braillex EL 66S problem

Delaunay Christophe christophe.delaunay at thomson.net
Wed Jul 15 05:11:54 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your two responses to my request about BRLTTY and my
Braillex EL66S display. I'm sorry for my late reply but I was out of
office between last Friday and now.

First, the display has been changed by the manufacturer. In its 125
version I have, it has no status cell, 66 regular cells with only one
routing key each, the usual easy access bar and two buttons only: one at
the left of the bar, and one at its right.

I know that previous versions of the EL66S could have cells with two
routing keys and also had four additional buttons: two at the left of
the easy access bar and two at its right but my local dealer said me
that Papenmeier decided to remove these extra features in new EL66S
versions like the one I have.

In your response, you wrote:

>I have an idea as to what the prpblem might be.

Oh, glad to know this since I did not understand all of what was placed
in the attached log file.

>Can you please apply the attached patch (pm-log-1.patch),

Done with no error.

>rebuild brltty,

Since I noticed that the patch only modified two .c files, I did not
./configure before doing make.

>and then capture another log?

Here attached. The command was:

script -c "brltty -e -n -l debug"

>For the test, I'd like you to press the first primary routing key,

Ok. But, as soon as I did this, I noticed that the display was filled
with spurious unreadable garbage in its right side. The login prompt on
the left was not affected.

>the first secondary routing key,

Sorry. Since the display has only one routing key per cell, I could not
do this.

>and then do all eight bar motions and let me know the order you did
them in.

	- One step left;
	- one step up;
	- one step right;
	- one step down;
	- two steps left;
	- two steps up;
	- two steps right;
	- two steps down.

Many thanks for your help. Have a nice day. Chris