[BRLTTY] KVM, Qemu and BRLTTY

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Jul 16 07:11:29 EDT 2009

A while ago there was an announcement of new options to Qemu that allow TTY
access from the host system.

I have Debian testing running here, kernel 2.6.29. Both machines have Intel
CPUs with virtualization support and I can load the kvm-intel module.

If I wanted to run a guest operating system and interact with it using a
BRLTTY text interface, is this now possible, and if so, which extra options do
I need to specify?

I can think of a few potential uses for this, but at the moment it's mostly a
matter of curiosity. The Debian KVM package installs tools based on Qemu.

Any experiences or suggestions would be welcome.