[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.0 and Orca

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Mon Jul 20 12:19:06 EDT 2009

Hello,

Hermann <meinelisten at onlinehome.de> wrote on Mo, Jul 20, 2009 at 06:01:46 +0200:
>On 20.07.2009 at 17:51:49 Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I compiled brltty 4.0 on my debian lenny with the option
>> --with-speechd=/usr/lib/speech-dispatcher.
>> First, I want to thank the developers for another great version with a lot of
>> improvements.
>> I now use brltty 4.0 on the cli; however, I can't use brltty 4.0 together with
>> orca. python-brlapi and brlapi are installed.  I was told that there have to
>> be a symlink in /sbin, but this doesn't work either.
>> ===
>> streicher ~ :-) # whereis brltty
>>
>> brltty: /bin/brltty /usr/bin/brltty /sbin/brltty /usr/sbin/brltty /etc/brltty
>> /lib/brltty /usr/include/brltty /usr/share/man/man1/brltty.1
>> ===
>> Unfortunately when I uninstall brltty 4.0, the old version (3.10dev) from the
>> debian rep doesn't work, so I have to try it with brltty 4.0.
>>
>> What have I done wrong?
>>
>Check your output from above? You have 4 brltty binaries. That cannot
>work.
>There must be only one, /bin/brltty and a symlink in /sbin that points to
>/bin/brltty.
There's only one binary. I forgot to delete the symlinks. All listed binaries
from above are (excluding /bin) symlinks.

I had the idea to read the brlapi documentation, what I should have done at first.
I saw, that I hadn't read access for /etc/brlapi.key. So I gave my user read
permission for /etc/brlapi.key and now it works well.

Thank you :)
Sebastian