[BRLTTY] Speech cursor.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 12 22:47:37 EDT 2009

Now that the VarioPro is mostly working, I'm preparing to release 4.0 this
Friday (May 15). I'll then be free to consider other interesting projects.
Please do give the latest development code a final test during the next couple
of days and let me know right away if anything at all doesn't seem right.

One of the interesting projects I'll be considering is the introduction of a
speech cursor. In principle, it's an easy thing to do. I need some guidance
from speech users, however, regarding cursor tracking. Clearly, the speech
cursor should move independently from the system cursor and braille display
position. When, however, should the speech cursor be automatically moved?
Should it track to the system cursor if the latter moves? Should it jump to the
braille display position if it is moved? Since I'm not a speech user at all, I
have absolutely no intuitive sense of what's the best way to make it work.