[BRLTTY] brltty and libusb-compat

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat May 16 23:45:53 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by William Hubbs on 2009/05/16 at 22:14 -0500]

>The README is very small, so I am attaching it below.
>
>Let me know what you think.

The only thing affecting us is the removal of usb_resetep(). We had a call to
it in our generic USB layer, but we weren't actually using it. I'd been
planning to fully remove that part of the code anyway but just hadn't gotten
around to it yet. Now it's done. Thanks for the motivation. :-)

usb_resetep() (and its equivalents on other platforms) indeed should go away as
it's a function which, by its very definition, loses data synchronization
between the host and the device. The clear_halt function does a two-ended reset
(both host and device) and is the only way a USB endpoint should ever be reset.