[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Java bindings -- UnsatisfiedLinkError

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat May 23 09:09:04 EDT 2009

Simon Meers <drmeers at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Mario; it has been many years since I last used Java. However I've
> still not got it working...
>
>> It is not enough to merely have brlapi.jar in the classpath, you also
>> need Bindings/Lisp/libbrlapi_java.so on your java.library.path.
>>
>> Try -Djava.library.path=/path/to/build/Bindings/Java
>>

> Tried; no luck. Tried with and without quotes around path, with and without
> trailing slash, with and without filename appended. Zip.

[...]

> $cat test.java
>> import org.a11y.BrlAPI.*;
>>
>> public class test{
>>     public static void main(String[] args){
>>         Brlapi b = new Brlapi(new ConnectionSettings());
>>     }
>> }

Ah, the problem is actually in your test code.

If you had looked at Bindings/Java/Test.java you would have seen the
line
    System.loadLibrary("brlapi_java");

Arguably, this is actually a deficiency in the Java bindings.
As far as I know, the right way to do this is to execute this line
of code in some class in a static block so that it automatically
happens when the class is loaded.  Maybe in Native.java?

However, until this is fixes, you need to manually instruct the JVM to
load libbrlapi_java.so before you can actually use the Brlapi classes.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'