[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Java bindings -- UnsatisfiedLinkError

Simon Meers drmeers at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:03:05 EDT 2009

Hmm, apparently I spoke too soon -- the Java code connects fine, but as soon
as you try to do anything with the connection it crashes! See below:

$ cat test.java
> import org.a11y.BrlAPI.*;
>
> public class test{
>     public static void main(String[] args){
>         Brlapi b = new Brlapi(new ConnectionSettings());
>         System.out.println("All fine so far");
>         System.out.print("Driver is " + b.getDriverName());
>     }
> }
> $ javac -cp .:/media/d/Development/brltty/Bindings/Java/brlapi.jar
> test.java
> $ java -cp .:/media/d/Development/brltty/Bindings/Java/brlapi.jar test
> All fine so far
> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0638e9eb, pid=20601, tid=3084196752
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (10.0-b23 mixed mode linux-x86)
> # Problematic frame:
> # V  [libjvm.so+0x38e9eb]
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /media/d/desktops/PhD/hs_err_pid20601.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
> Aborted

Error report file can be viewed here: http://dpaste.com/47715/

Bindings/Java/Test.java does the same thing. getFileDescriptor(), getHost()
and getAuth() seem to work fine.

Can anyone tell me why this is occurring?

Cheers,
Simon