[BRLTTY] XWindow driver?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue May 26 07:24:01 EDT 2009

Simon Meers <drmeers at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, it was just a normal gnome-terminal window in Ubuntu 8.04. It had been
> working before. I tried rebooting to see if that would fix restart the
> AT_SPI registry, but still got the same error. I ran configure again (this
> time with no arguments), then make && make install, and everything worked
> fine again!? I assume it got broken somehow when configured with :
>
> ./configure --with-braille-driver=xw,-all --with-screen-driver=as,-all

Ah, you configured brltty with the AtSpi screen driver, and no others.
The AtSpi screen driver is actually for reading terminal windows in X
and
require AT-SPI.

> Nevermind, it is working now.

> But I still can't get figure out why Java is crashing (see my other
> email) when I try to do anything with the Connection object...

SIGSEGV seems to indicate a programming error in the native code.
Someone will have to dig into this more closely.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'