[BRLTTY] Java Bindings DOT8

Simon Meers drmeers at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:41:14 EDT 2009

A curious discovery: due to the signed nature of Java's primitive 'byte',
DOT8 should actually be defined as -128.

Apparently there is no support for unsigned bytes so the only other solution
would be to change writeDots to accept an int array. I started to modify
this in Native.java and bindings.c, but realised the unpacking of the data
might go screwy unless I carefully researched
(Get/Release)(Int/Byte)ArrayElements carefully, plus we might have data
range issues, so opted for the more elegant solution above. I cannot see any
negative side-effects? (no pun intended)