[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Java bindings -- UnsatisfiedLinkError

Simon Meers drmeers at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:01:12 EDT 2009

> I'm a bit clueless.  My jni code definitively is correct.  It is not a
> 32bit/64bit issue as Simon tests with a 32bit machine.  Simon, are you
> using gcj's jni.h or sun's jni.h?

I was using java-6-sun, but since Mario's astute observation I ran
update-java-alternatives java-gcj and now the Test.java code executes
without a hitch.

I've not yet tested it from within the Firefox extension; I hope it talks
happily to gcj. I recall some issues I had with it before that required me
to switch to Sun.

If I get some time later I'll try to do some debugging of the Sun version
myself. Are you able to reproduce the crash on your system using Sun,
Samuel?

Thanks for your prompt responses guys, I'm impressed.