[BRLTTY] Java Bindings DOT8

Simon Meers drmeers at gmail.com
Tue May 26 22:59:47 EDT 2009

> It's currently defined in Constants.java using an octal constant, i.e.
> 0200, so
> that should be okay. I think the real problem is that those constants were
> defined as ints rather than as chars.

I had already patched mine by changing Constants.java to define DOT8 as
-0200, which worked perfectly.
Even if they were chars, wouldn't you get compilation errors when trying to
pack them into a byte[] array (signed) for writeDots?

> This change has now been made. Please
> retest it at your end.

I've svn up'd to r4503, but cannot see any Java-related changes?

Just in case an upstream change had been made that I couldn't see, I
'unapplied' my patch, svn up'd and rebuilt. However the DOT8 compilation
errors occurred as expected.

I've reverted to my -0200 patch for now.