[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Five words

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri May 29 08:15:22 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

For most of these words I don't have examples of their proper use, but
I think I got them right:

1. Holloware, an alternate spelling of hollowware. No example, but
dictionary.com syllabifies it as hol-lo-ware. I don't think it should
use the o-w sign. Hollowware, of course, should.

2. Messagerie, a French word having to do with transporting goods or
people (stagecoach office). Not even on dictionary.com. I don't think
it should use the e-r sign. (All you French speakers can laugh at
me. :-)

3. Shoshone should be a sufword to deal with things like the
Shoshonean language.

4. Wikinews is not a word, or at least not yet, but we're likely to
see it from time to time. I don't think it should use the e-n sign.

5. Jihad should not use the had sign. Finally some examples:

ji-had jihad
8jihad0 7/ru7le7 ag/ 89fidels0 7~? :o
jihad4 ,b ,septemb} #aa1 #bjja1 0 n !
 ag &! victori|s jihad w cru% yr balls
jihad ag/ ! .,shorawi4 ,!y _h f"| 9 !

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll