[BRLTTY] Is a new release coming soon?

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:28:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 07:17:16PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2009/09/30 at 19:04 -0400]
>
> >This includes a lot of stuff. Some of it such as the removal of some
> >configure options aren't strictly bug fixes, so I think that looks like
> >a 4.1 release.
>
> Well ... I just looked for what I knew would be safe to include. I could take
> those out. :-)

If you take out the configure options, can you please leave in the
--disable-stripping option?

 That will make it a bit easier to package for gentoo, since our package
 manager determines when it needs to strip the binaries when it installs
 them.  Currently what I have to do is override the INSTALL_PROGRAM
 variable so that the make install target doesn't strip them.

Thanks much,

William