[BRLTTY] Default braille table

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 2 16:05:41 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2009/10/02 at 14:46 -0400]

>If the user goes to the trouble of explicitly specifying a table during
>configure then this certainly should be the first default.  If that
>default can't be found, or if it simply wasn't specified in the first
>place, then should autoselection kick in.

It'll always be found because it's built into the executable. The algorithm
actually is to default to auto. Now if either autoselection or the specified
table (option or brltty.conf) fails then fall back to the built-in table.

So, to fix it as you describe, which may well be the right thing to do, means
that we have to kind of twist the algorithm a bit. It'll have to use the
built-in table unless it needs to default, in which case it should do
autoselection with a fallback to the built-in table. I'll have a look into it.

Let me first, though, put the question a different way. Ignoring what the
documentation says for a moment, does it make more sense for the
--with-text-table option to be defining the default table or the fallback
table?