[BRLTTY] list of suggested applications

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 13 12:34:30 EDT 2009

Helo, list!

Just an idea for the brltty website.  I think it would be nice to have
there a list of suggested applications that work well with brltty. Such
list will be especially helpfull for the new users. Evryone of us could
contribute to this list by adding the application we are happy with.

So, let me start. I just came across a simple, yet powrfull file manager
called lfm. It is available as a debian package. It behaves like good
all midnight commander but is brltty friendly. Of course, the files in
pannels are not directly accessible, but current path and selected file
are shown in the status line which is seen on the braille display. I
found the program mostly accessible and very usefull.

WBR,

Sergei.