[BRLTTY] Optelec - new firmware 2.2.4 coming soon...

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 19 11:49:03 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Aldo on 2009/10/19 at 17:34 +0200]

>it seems from the info coming from Optelec.be that the new firmware they
>will release, will be v. 2.2.4.
>I will have the right to test some display for a week but they didn't have
>some fitted with that firmware for now.

I've been told that a possible work-around with older firmware is to go into
the Alva's menu and turn off the system drive before connecting it to Linux.

Also, for testing the display, you can always do so via Bluetooth rather than
via USB. That should work fine.