[BRLTTY] Brltty daemon and JAWS

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Apr 2 03:45:00 EDT 2010

Jan Mura <jan.mura at volny.cz> wrote:
> So what happens if i set JAWS on, what will take control over the
> Braille display, Brltty or JAWS?

Why not try it and find out? I wouldn't expect it to work gracefully, though.

I've never used Windows, so I'm not the right person to answer, but I think
it would be best to kill BRLTTY before allowing anything else to access the
braille display directly. I don't know what command is used to kill processes
under Windows, but whatever it is, I assume you could write a script that
kills BRLTTY and starts up another screen reader.

As an aside, is "script" the right terminology here, or are they called "batch
files", as in DOS? I left the world of PC operating systems when DOS was still
widely used.